At Pivvot, our roots are firmly anchored in data. One of our core values is sharing data and making accessible to anyone, not just analysts and GIS pros.
We focus on quality, deliverability and speed. When you need to make a decision on investments, you don’t have time to wait for data to load into your map. And, you especially don’t have time to go out and find the data yourself or hand it off to another department. That's where Pivvot comes in.
With speed and accessibility in mind, we’ve built the Pivvot platform to expedite delivery of critical data in a simple, easy to read map. Now land developers, real estate and zoning pros, and business development teams can quickly analyze a site for potential investment in a matter of minutes.
Awesome. What exactly do we provide to help them weed out bad locations and identify ideal investment opportunities? We have hundreds of data sources in our platform, and we’ve narrowed down a list of the top data you need immediate access to when conducting solar site selection.
Top Data to Expedite Solar Site Selection
- Enhanced Property Parcels – It is important to be able to view parcel ownership in and around existing or planned projects, but we take it a step further. We’ve aggregated parcels owned by the same landowner to make finding sites easier. We’ve also integrated with a property rights exchange so you can view if a site is already available for lease or sale in just a couple clicks.
- Transmission Lines & Substations – With Tier 1 sites (parcels intersected by the grid) nearly impossible to get, Tier 2 sites (parcels nearby the grid) are getting purchased quickly. Evaluate proximity to distribution and transmission lines, electrical substations, taps, dead ends, and risers as potential tie in points to the electric power transmission grid.
- Slope – It’s important to know both percent grade and aspect, so you can immediately get an understanding of suitability and know which direction the slope is facing. We not only take this into consideration in our usable and buildable area calculation, we also a deliver a slope map you can use in any system.
- Hydrology – Assessing FEMA flood plain data, NWI Wetlands, and NHD Waterbodies early on will save you months of permitting headaches.
- Endangered Species – Make sure you’re not about to disrupt a protected species. We’ve pulled the known critical habitat areas derived from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service as well as critical and other habitats from the state departments to help you avoid permitting and environmental impact issues.
- Land Cover – We pull in the USDA and NASS Cropland Data Layer to view and calculate usable acreage. Our constraint visualization will immediately display how trees and crops will impact your ability to develop.
How can you get it?
Pivvot has developed not one but two ways for you access the information above. We provide a Parcel Report that delivers data in an easy-to-read report in under 30 seconds. We’ve also built a Siting application that allows you to filter criteria, add constraints, and report on potential sites in less than a minute.
No more waiting for data load and clunky technology. Plus, no more sending your project off to someone else to analyze for you. We’ve designed Pivvot to be easy to use and faster than our competition, so you can win the renewable development race.
To learn more, sign up for our webinar on February 24 at 9am CST to learn more.